The timeowl plugin comes with some existing report templates that helps you to get started. But its possible to create your own templates by simply creating sheets that start with an “_”.
Create your own template with 3 simple steps:
- Create new Sheet with “_”-Prefix
- Style the template
(Here are some examples)
- Create new report and select your newly created template
The timeowl template engine uses placeholders to add the report data into the google sheet. You can use these placeholders to add datafield into your template.
|#TO-timerange||Shows the requested timerange. |
Example: 3/14/2022 – 3/20/2022
|#TO-duration||Shows the total duration of the requested report|
The query-placeholder is a more mighty placeholder that uses a json-query object to query the database. It works the same way as the reporting view within timeowl.
|groupBy||Grouping of the query. Only one level supported on Google Sheets|
– tag: Group by tag/project
– description: Group the same descriptions
– calendar: group by calendar
– day: Group by days
– week: Group by weeks (show the week number)
– month: Group by month
– year: Group by year
– log: show the raw log (every single tracking item)
|fields||What fields should be rendered (one column per entry)|
– label: Shows details
|calendars||List of calendarIds to filter|
Here are some examples and their outputs